Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) System Administrator
WORK LOCATION: RALEIGH, NC
ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION & POSITION OVERVIEW
Raleigh-Wake Partnership to End and Prevent Homelessness is the Wake County Continuum of Care and collaborative leader of coordinated community efforts to end homelessness in Wake County. Working in partnership with all local non-profit organizations, faith-based organizations, and individuals the Partnership coordinates the centralized Coordinated Entry system and local HMIS administration with the goal of ending homelessness as we know it.
The System Administrator/Project Manager is a CONTRACT position. The System Administrator/Project Manager facilitates and coordinates all activities in the successful operation and implementation of the HMIS in Wake County. The HMIS System Administrator acts as the liaison between the Continuum of Care, community partner agencies, stakeholders and vendors.
System Administration Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the generation and submission of program and community-level reports from the HMIS, including the HMIS components of the Exhibit 1 consolidated application to HUD, the Shelter Count, and the AHAR.
- Implementation of the HMIS system, and acts as the liaison between the Continuum of Care (CoC), stakeholders, and community partner agencies.
- Routinely evaluate HMIS activities and analysis of data generated by the system.
- Monitor participation agreements, governance charters, client consent forms, interagency sharing agreements, system-user agreements and user code of ethics policy.
- Coordinate and monitor all changes to the database resulting from revisions to the HMIS data standards.
- Integrate the needs of new programs (e.g. VA, ESG) on HMIS for data collection and reporting, and develop new data entry and reporting protocols.
- Report to the CoC and Partnership Board regarding HMIS activities.
- Oversight of community-level reporting related to HMIS participation, bed coverage, and other required information.
- Support effective collaborative relationships with various community groups, to resolve issues and problems affecting HMIS implementation.
- Lead the CoC Quality Improvement Work Group.
- Participate in Committees or Work Groups as applicable.
- Attend HUD and National Human Services Data Consortium trainings to keep abreast of the changes in data standards, reporting, grants, etc.
- Ensure all functionality and services provided by the Software are optimized and used to the fullest of their capacities.
Projects Management Responsibilities
- Thoughtfully evaluate data and deliver information products based on analysis.
- Deliver data products in report/presentation format, or verbally, to customer specifications and timelines.
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree, or 5+ years of HMIS experience
- Strong Technical Aptitude
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Strong technical, analytical, communication & organizational skills
- Principles of computer data processing, business systems applications, techniques of software and systems quality assurance and control
- Knowledge of practices of effective project and technical documentation, techniques of providing customer service
- Demonstrates and supports an environment of professionalism, performance and execution
- Ability to process complex data and information from multiple sources and communicate actions
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- A strong analytical background
- Adaptable and able to effectively multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written/verbal communication competency
- Demonstrably computer proficient, numerate and adept at learning new and complex software applications
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Knows the fundamental concepts in reports creation and database development, system testing and data analytics
- High efficiency and follow-through on assignments
- High level of integrity and customer focus
Salary Commensurate with experience, benefits included.
Pay range: $45,000 – $60,000 / Hiring Range: $48,000-$58,500. This position is a 6 month contract position, is grant funded, and is subject to renewal.
Must have access to reliable transportation. Possess valid NC Driver’s License and auto liability insurance. This position may require travel to partner agencies using personal vehicle.
Raleigh-Wake Partnership to End and Prevent Homelessness is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org