YHDP NOFO Webinar
The Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for FY2019/2020 Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) is now available. YHDP is an initiative designed to address systemic responses to youth homelessness and significantly reduce the number of youth experiencing homelessness. Through this NOFO, HUD will award approximately $145 million in up to 50 participating communities (8 of which will be rural). HUD strongly encourages all communities to consider applying.
View the YHDP NOFO.
Submission Deadline: July 27, 2021
- YHDP is an initiative designed to address systemic responses to youth homelessness and significantly reduce the number of youth experiencing homelessness in up to 50 participating communities, 8 of which will be rural.
- HUD strongly encourages all communities to consider applying. Applications must be submitted through grants.gov (and not through e-snaps).
- This Application is for your community’s participation in the initiative only. Project funding applications will only be submitted by communities selected to participate.
- This Application must be submitted by a community’s Continuum of Care (CoC) Collaborative Applicant, but must be co-developed with a broad array of community partners, including a youth action board*, a state or local child welfare agency*, youth homelessness housing and service providers, local schools districts, workforce development organizations, law enforcement, judges, corrections, and more.
*formal participation agreement required.
- Youth leadership is a critical component of the YHDP. Communities are required to establish a Youth Action Board to guide the Coordinated Community Plan and YHDP project design development.
- Links to the NOFO and additional resources are located on the YHDP page. Technical Assistance documents on YHDP are located on the YHDP HUD Exchange page.
To learn more: HUD will be holding a webinar on May 27, 2021, from 2:30-4 pm EDT to review the requirements of the NOFO and the YHDP program. To join the meeting, go to:
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
Test your connection: https://tdainc.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html