ESG programs are designed as a first step in the continuum of assistance to prevent homelessness and to enable the homeless population to move steadily toward independent living.
ESG funds are intended to be used as part of a crisis response system using a low barrier, housing-focused approach to ensure that homelessness is rare, brief, and one time. Activities can include:
- Engaging homeless individuals and families living on the street;
- Improving the number and quality of emergency shelters for homeless individuals and families;
- Helping operate emergency shelters;
- Providing essential services to emergency shelter residents,
- Rapidly rehouse homeless individuals and families, and
- Preventing families and individuals from becoming homeless.
The Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) programs are administered by the following in North Carolina:
- City of Raleigh ESG
- Wake County ESG
- NC Department of Health and Human Services State Program
Now, ESG recipients Wake County, City of Raleigh, of the State can access their forms and documents in one easy place, as well as review Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), Ask a Question (AAQ), or request Technical Assistance (TA)!